←BACK TO UPDATES PAGE
Here's a quick summary of our first Zoom meeting that was held Wednesday, June 3rd, from 7:00-8:30PM PST.
We had ten people on the call! We spent the first part of the meeting on introductions and getting to know each other a little bit. This was especially useful since very few of us had met before the Zoom call. There was a wonderful diversity of backgrounds and skills.
In the next part of the meeting, Janet Palmer gave us a quick rundown of the history of Quimper Village Cohousing Community in Pt Townsend, starting with the first meetings in Jan, 2014 until it’s first move-ins in Oct, 2017. Quimper cohousing is the subject of a very recently published book: “State-Of-The-Art Cohousing: Lessons Learned from Quimper Village”, by Alexandria Levitt and Charles Durrett. Highly recommended reading if you want to get a feel for the nuts and bolts of developing a cohousing project!
We then moved on to a discussion about logistics. Here’s what we ended up with:
- We will have a standing Zoom meeting the first Wednesday of each month, starting at 7PM PST. This will be an ‘open meeting’ for any and all who are interested or just curious about Puyallup Cohousing.
- We will be starting a meetup group
- We will be using Google docs for sharing info
- We will be setting up some form of brief introduction meetings for new folks.
- No plans for physical get-togethers or site tours for awhile; to be reviewed each month
- A copy of the short movie: “The Best of Both Worlds, Cohousing’s Promise” by filmmaker John de Graaf will be mailed from person to person since we can’t all sit down and watch it together anytime soon. (And Chuck Durrett, who funded the movie, would be delighted if you can’t wait and want to buy a copy! https://www.cohousingco.com/products)
If you know anyone in your life that might be interested, please have them go to PuyallupCohousing.org and fill out the contact form so that we can add them to the distribution list.
Block the time on your calendar now: The July Puyallup Cohousing Zoom meeting will be on Wednesday, July 1st at 7PM PST. An invite and agenda will be sent out to this list a couple days in advance. (Please feel free to send me agenda suggestions.)